Thursday 19 April 2012

A long overdue painting day


Joy what joy. Today I have had a full day of painting.
My blog is called ‘Living in Carmel’ Thoughts of family, friends, dogs, painting, bed and breakfast and whatever comes to mind! I have pretty much been consistent with all categories except ‘painting’ – mainly because all the other things drive my life. But painting is something that I want and need to make time for, not what I have to make time for.
It’s been many months since I picked up a paint brush and so I decided to go and spend the day with Ann Fellows a very talented artist and teacher who runs Brush Strokes and offers painting courses throughout the year, as well as having regular classes.

I was somewhat nervous when I arrived as I felt very rusty and not at all confident, but Ann soon put me at ease. I first met her when I went on one of her courses in 2003, all held in a lovely old chapel in the small village of Dolwyddelan about five miles from Betwys y Coed – in the Snowdonia National park - a truly lovely part of north Wales. Dolwyddelan has a wonderful castle which we didnt get to paint today but is definately something I want to try in the future.

We had a wonderful day and I produced quite a few pictures. I must get the gazebo sorted out and get back to regular production – I feeling inspired again.

2 comments:

  1. If only I could paint I could do a painting course! I have always envied those who can paint. What is in my head never makes the paper. It is very frustrating when what it is my head before I write sort of gets there. I just don't have the skill I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you are so talented in lots of other ways, oh to be able to write like you do. There are many beginners art classes in the area, why not give one a try.

      Delete