Tuesday 1 March 2011

It's my silver moving to Wales Anniversary


25 years ago today, St David's Day Les and I moved to Wales. It's incredible to think where the time has gone and what has happened in the meantime. We had only been married for just over a year when Les had the chance to move with his job. His father was Welsh and as a child Les spent many happy holidays in North Wales visiting his grandparents and family. So when the opportunity arose he jumped at the chance and I jumped with him.

Moving day was a bit of a nightmare – we woke up to a couple of inches of snow and had to quickly change our plans of driving both our cars (I had a 2CV at the time which wasn’t equipped for bad weather) so I went with the removal lorry and Les drove his car with our 2 cats and our 10 week old Springer spaniel puppy. He definitely drew the short straw as the cats were out of the basket before he had driven 5 miles and our puppy turned out to be a bad passenger, something that continued for all his life. He hated the car and it’s probably due to that journey.

Luckily today has been absolutely lovely, with bright sunshine and blues skies – Les and I are celebrating with Welsh Lamb and a bottle of bubbles. Here’s to the next 25!

1 comment:

  1. Happy sort of anniversary! Isn't it amazing how we end up living out our lives on something of a whim or a chance? Good choice for you I would say. You look pretty happy there! Having moved all over place throughout my childhood and early adulthood, I sort of feel I could live anywhere and am quite surprised by how much I feel to be putting down roots right here.

    ReplyDelete