Sunday 27 February 2011

I can't always blog..







Sometimes not blogging isn’t necessarily a sign of not having anything to say or me being too busy, sometimes it’s because I just don’t feel like writing. Life for all of us can be hard at times: take a look at the world today, worrying events in North Africa and the Middle East, the awful earthquake in New Zealand as well as many ongoing problems that the world faces. At home we are all concerned with the economy and what the knock on effect will be for each of us. At times in our own lives we have a ‘annus horribilis’ (to quote our much loved Queen).


BUT I am an optimistic person and try to always look on the bright side, see the best in everyone and work on the probably misguided assumption that things will work out. Sometimes it’s the small things in life that are worth focusing on. When I’m down I usually turn to baking to cheer me up (its comfort cooking), or I get my paints out and try to create something. The sun is shining, the crocuses are out and the lambs are starting to appear in the fields. Spring is nearly here and although not as busy as usual with guests – they are still coming to stay and visit this lovely part of Wales. OK so where is my paint brush……………

No comments:

Post a Comment