Sunday 27 March 2011

Sunshine, daffodils and lambs




Despite ongoing dramas that we all have from time to time in our lives I have been trying to focus on the positive side of life this week.


Spring came for a couple of days. Hot sunny weather with blue skies it was enough to make me smile and realise that the winter doesn't really last all year - it just seems like it.


I have had my first session at Erddig this week, showing children what it was like to be a Victorian Servant. (see previous blog about this). On route to Wrexham I passed fields full of tiny lambs and gardens and hedgerows full of daffodils.


I drove to Conwy and walked to the harbour where I sat amongst couples eating fish and chips whilst I ate my apple and banana - not easy. Got stuck in traffic on the way there due to road works on the A55 but came back the scenic route and it was lovely.


I have been busy on the computer inputting information for a new website for tourism in Flintshire.


I welcomed lovely guests to the B and B and fed them both breakfast and evening meal.


I got the washing dry on the washing line.


I went to the local pub that has reopened after being closed for over a year - saw lots of people from the village - lets hope the new landlords can make a go of it. Good food is the answer.


I had my hair done.


I find I am smiling - its been a good week.

3 comments:

  1. The Druids has just reopened - waiting to see what the food will be like !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conwy in the sun looks fab. Must go. Must do all sorts. Must stop rushing around like a mad thing. Lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete