Tuesday 2 November 2010

British Sausage Week



It just so happened that the main course for last nights evening meal for guests was Leek and Pork (award winning from local butcher of course) sausages with mash and onion gravy. I didn't realise when I planned this week’s menus that it was British Sausage Week but needless to say it was a happy coincidence. Not that I am planning on sausages every night this week. Sometimes I think we get caught up in the variety of food available to us in this country and forget about the humble sausage, but the quality of this much malinged product is these days exceptional.

So let’s hear it for the humble sausage. I have added my onion gravy recipe to 'Some of my recipes' – its great with sausage and mash. Happy Sausage Week.

1 comment:

  1. Well someone else told me it was national sausage week and I thought they were joking. I am clearly out of touch. If you ever fancy a change from your usual supplier Morgans in Caerwys do great sausages, award winning even!

    ReplyDelete