Friday 20 July 2012

Covering a window seat



Yesterday was a miserable day, wet and misty all day so I decided to spend it productively and recovered the window seat in the Rose Room. We are very lucky to have a great mill nearby called Abakhan at Mostyn where you can buy almost anything to do with crafts: knitting, sewing, crochet, patchwork, embroidery etc. You name it and they sell it. They also run great courses and we have had several ladies stay with us in the B&B whilst on them. One lady even brought her own sewing machine and set it up in the bedroom to finish her work.
A while back I managed to pick up some fabric for the window seat but put it away waiting for just a day to make the new cover.

I even made the piping to go around the top edges.

After a whole day and much of the evening it was finished – and I must admit I am pleased with the results. I still have enough to make a couple of cushion covers – but luckily today the sun is shining so the sewing machine has been put away for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Knitting,painting, baking, cooking and sewing skills. Is there no end to your talents? Abakahn is a great store on our doorstep for all crafty things. A rummagers heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, but I know you are just as talented - and I can't do patchwork!

      Delete