Tuesday 17 August 2010

Pret a Manger

It seems my days are spent cooking at the present time. With Les’s party to organise I keep baking and cooking and freezing in preparation of feeding the hungry hoards! The problem is when people compliment you on your cooking you feel that you have to keep it up. No ready meals or pre packed food for me – I have cooked the odd fish finger however but is that a fair example of a ready meal. I had a disaster with some wraps this week though (ready made). Les and I fancied Fajitas so I nipped to ‘famous supermarket’ and brought the wraps (big mistake). Came home chopped my garlic; onions and peppers and threw them in a pan with some diced chicken and added spices. Made some guacamole and a bit of salsa, opened a glass of wine and grated a bit of cheese. All was ready just the wraps to open and warm through. Ugh – when I opened the wraps they were mouldy – checked use by date 23rd August – so well within the time frame. Do I really have to make the wraps as well! Still spicy chicken jacket potatoes with guacamole and salsa are quite nice too. Obviously I took back the mouldy wraps to the ‘famous supermarket’ and they were most courteous and called the manager who was also fairly disgusted by my now very mouldy wraps. My money returned, forms filled in and now I just wait for my standard apology letter to arrive from manufacturer assuring me that it won’t happen again. Compensation I hear you cry – if I get a £10 voucher to spend on their products I will send it back!

No comments:

Post a Comment